Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Psalm 67 – Will the World Sing For Joy?

Because of how you speak? From the posts of your Facebook status? From sharing in your blogs?

May your ways be known throughout the earth,
      your saving power among people everywhere.
3 May the nations praise you, O God.
      Yes, may all the nations praise you.
4 Let the whole world sing for joy,
      because you govern the nations with justice
      and guide the people of the whole world.

This past week, I feel revived. Alive. Fresh. New. 

I am glad that I felt this way before the Lego group, before the unexpected monies, before the unexpected friend visit – and not because of them.

It has taken several months for my flesh to turn around, re-adjust, Walk in Body/Mind and Voice.  Feel the way I speak.

This week I am journaling more. Praying with my pencil at hand. Writing the things I am sorry for, sins, missing it.

I am overwhelmed at His patience and mercy and grace in my walk.

I know there is a time to lay it all out for public eyes to see, to seek the encouragement of friends, and have The One Who Sees come along side those in physical form to hear your cries.

But do you come back around rejoicing at His Grace? Will people see a sick, poverty ridden, whiney, complaining opinionated group of people, standing up for their rights, “even though”?

Or will they see a people healed, blessed, abundant, rising above the steam of the cold waters, triumphant, victorious?

We sang the song Victory in Jesus  in church a couple of weeks back. A quiet reserved bunch – singing - 

And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.

A victory is of a battle fought for, of vigilance, of having a great coach, of wearing our colors, of painted faces, of great food.

I want to sing the song of Victory HERE. And when we do reach that Mansion He Has Built for us in Glory, I will scream and shout the victors call – of one thankful that we have kept up the good race!

Are you thankful? Are you praising? Are you living a life that the World will sing for Joy?

No comments: