Wednesday, December 23, 2009

If Only I Would!

Had that moment? In the car? At the store? The kids do that thing they do that you’ve told them 100 times not to do? But then, gasp, they DO?? And you snap? Dismissively. You see the look from the youngest. And some days, you even snap at that look, let them know they deserve it, cause they keep doing what you said not to do, and they know the consequence, which justifies your snapping at them. 

Oh. Its just me? I’m the only one? I’m very very quick to apologize, feel sorry for myself for snapping.  But I just read this post: Advice from Winnie the Pooh.  I’ll not tell you what she said – you’ll have to hear in her words – but I’m inspired. I have a new phrase to hold in my heart for the next time that we are out and about over tired, under fed, and on the edge of snap. . . .

No comments: