Saturday, September 4, 2010

Is your Focus on the Hard?

Reading from my Diamonds in the Dust book again this morning – and Joni Eareckson Tada – and again – I am marveled at what the Lord places before me – each morning.
Today – is Romans 12.  From Joni –
Romans 12:12 – Be Joyful in Hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (NIV)
And it hits me.  Through the discouragement raging in the midst of my own thoughts and those around me – that we have an active command from the Lord.  Rejoice in Hope.

The MessageBible makes it clear: Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame!

I thumb back to Romans 12:1 – as I keep my Bible near when being sparked by the Spirit in Diamonds in the Dust – to see what would be happening – for a command to come out – BE JOYFUL.
I was pre-coffee and too early to think – and so I was overjoyed when one of my favorite scriptures leapt out at me like a surprise visit from a friend.
1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers,by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (ESV)
Are we being transformed -  by this world – into loosing our hope?  Loosing the Joy while waiting? I hear the messages – even this morning through my favorite blogs – of how hard it is – living in these end times.
God did not want us to focus on the Hard. But to focus on the Hope!
I encourage you, as I did today, to take a moment – and read the 12th chapter of Romans. To see what the hard was for their lives. How hard God knew it would be – to live in this world, and yet wait joyfully for Him.
Are you Joyful in your Hope? Patient during Afflictions? Are you Praying Always?
Are you spending time In the Word?
Go now – and read Romans 12 –
I’ll send you there to make it easier. :)
<<<Bible Gateway Romans 12>>

No comments: