Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Man of Sorrow

What a treat we had today- gathering as believers – rejoicing that He is Risen!

We read Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.

Our pastor spoke of being heavy of heart  - downcast days.  Really rather rare in my experience to find a pastor that will validate depression as an actual feeling – brought on by nothing but just merely waking for the day.

He brought us to Isaiah 53:3 – where we are told that Jesus was A Man of Sorrow.

He spoke from his heart, shared his struggles, and gave us hope of being Blessed  - Happy – in the Lord.

We came to Luke 24:50-53

And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. 51 Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, 53 and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God.

Which of course got me pondering -

I’ve had a few email exchanges this week – about whether to talk more ore less about our grief and sorrow.  On a day to day basis, I really have more joy and contentment than sorrow. However, when I think of my far away friends, of opportunities missed or lost, of false accusations, of my own shortcomings, of friends turning their back on God – I feel Grief.

Some days – especially on hormonal swing days – I can get anxious for no apparent reason. Or feel floods of the blahs and feeling totally out of control, helpless.  I realize that “the poor in Spirit” are those without Christ  who realize they need Christ – But today – I feel like He is speaking to me – one With Christ – Who needs Him More.  Blessed are the Poor In Spirit -

Again – I have more pondering in my mind than I can make my fingers explain –

I have been working on the affirmation junkie addiction – pulling back from facebook, not tagging my pages as much, knowing that it will slow down traffic, feeling content when I don’t get comments – and continue to keep the goal in front of me that I am writing for my own family, for my boys, For a school memory book.

However, there is a blessing and a joy – to continuously gather in the temple, praising God.

I am by no means calling Facebook the temple, but I do see a gathering of friends there – with people spurring each other on to better days, healthier living, fellowship with Christ, drawing those closer to their friends nearby together more often.

I am thankful that the Lord has seen fit to give us some Christian friends in town, and a place to fellowship – to find ways for the Lord to give us Blessing – and for us to Bless the Lord.

He understands our Sorrow – and He gives us Joy.

Keep Seeking Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an affirmation junkie too. It's my love language for better or for worse. My hubby is acts of service, so there you go. I love facebook and all the "likes." lol It is something to keep in perspective. I am also writing my blog for my boys and as a record of our homeschool. You and I are the same age too. LOL Nice to meet you... ~ Cori