Friday, October 8, 2010

Remembering and Seeing

I am working through the A Woman After God’s  Own Heart, Workbook an DVD by Elizabeth George for two weeks. She is encouraging us to keep a prayer journal.

For the past year,  have glanced at my journal. Written little. I think the pain of separation from the people in the journal was too much, and the thought of buying a new one an moving on was something I wasn’t ready for yet. 

This morning I pulled out my bible journal and prayer journal.  One – I write down my thoughts as I read the Word. Sometimes passages of scripture from the Psalms and Proverbs. I read

Ps 94 that I had written in 2008 – He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? He that chastiseth the heathen, shall he not correct? He that teaches man knowledge, shall not he know?

I read many of the passages that the Lord brought to my attention during a year that my husband was unemployed, our church was completely changed over, my friends were in upheaval, my priorities were completely off.

Now, even only three years away – I see his protection. I see the peace of the words of comfort that he brought to me.

I read through the prayer journal.  I pray through the Lord’s Prayer, taking each section of the prayer as a section in my notebook. I see the prayers. I remember the tightness of heart going through some of those entries. I see the answered prayer. Except for one ongoing thorn in the side – they have all been answered. Greater and more abundant than I could have ever seen back then.

I read through two or three dreams and visions. One from before 2008 that was fulfilled this year. What was a mystery then, written in obedience, is now a telling of what has happened to us this year.

I have seen the fruit. Of writing it down. I have spent this past year sharing quite a bit of my thought and pondering journal with you.

For the most part – I am going to go back to writing it down in my journal. Kept. Peaceful. Left in His Hands.

I will still ponder and bore you here – but I am feeling healed. Whole. Ready. Standing at the Gate, Standing in the Gap. For the broken hearted. For those without hope. For the hurting. For those without healing. For those who lead us. I feel re-charged from the Spirit, after this year of rest, reflection and remembrance.  

Leave is over, the battle is still raging about me, I must stand as a warrior child of the King.

No comments: