Monday, June 21, 2010

Seeking His Face

During my morning reading on June 17th I came across this story entitled “All is Well.”

Robert Louis Stevenson tells of a storm that caught a vessel off a rocky coast and threatened to drive it and its passengers to destruction. In the midst of the terror, one daring man, contrary to orders, went to the deck, made a dangerous passage to the pilot house and saw the steerman, at his post holding the wheel unwaveringly, and inch by inch, turning the ship out, once more, to sea. The pilot saw the watcher and smiled. Then, the daring passenger went below and gave out a note of cheer: "I have seen the face of the pilot, and he smiled. All is well."

Robert Louis Stevenson.

She begins the story with this verse from Psalm 2:8

You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, Lord , do I seek.”

I think what struck me so much – was that the night before – I watched a video – and there was a part when the speaker said -

“You can’t hire a witness”

Which really struck a cord with me. Like a word from the Lord. I wrote the phrase on a scrap of paper – and then kept writing words that came to me –

To Speak.

     To Write to Share.

                     To Broadcast.

                              To Stay Simple.

                                        To Speak Truth.

                                                      To Give the Word. 

                                                                To be Loud. 

                                                                          To show our Faith.

With all of The Crew changes that will happen to my blog – all of the new readers – all of the blogs I’ve read – it makes it hard for me to stay on track. To what the purpose is that the Lord has spoken into my family’s life.

I felt convicted to re-look up the verses that led us into this parenting lifestyle of faith – in their character – education – health. I’d like to have the verses readily available on my tongue to always have an answer to the question of why we do what we do.

I looked up Parents in the Strong’s Concordance and found that the word Parents was only in the New Testament. Interesting. . . .

I looked up  Raise, Teach, Rain (bunny trail), and Mother.

Each morning  - I’ve looked up a few more verses, writing them in my journal and pondering - - - -

Which led me here. I’d like to spend the next few pondering posts going through some of the verses that the Lord has brought to my attention. :)

Care to share some of the verses that led you to the parenting style you have chosen?  I’d love to have a guest ponder-er. :) Or guest comments. :)

No comments: