Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hearing through Church Leaders

In God’s Perfect Timing – our men at church have been teaching/sharing about Planning – through the book of Luke. I thought I’d type out some of the random quotes that I wrote in my journal – I don’t always write down who was speaking – so – consider them all from the Vineyard at Coast Vineyard Church.. . . spoken through the Spirit – straight into my ears to my heart!

We were in Luke 15 talking about Value. Do we value Jesus’s authority? How does He pour His values into our hearts? Where our treasure is – there our heart will be also – in order for our values to change – I need to see what God Values – If I really value it – I’ll do it.  What do I do? What do I value?

And I am in the season of planning – for a new learning year. The responsibility placed on the Homeschool Mom –the fingers pointed at all of the Character, Attitude, Aptitude, and Ability – no such finger is pointed at any one teacher in a child’s life at public school. Children just get to be children at the local elementary. The Child is some sort of Watched Product in a homeschooling home. So – funny – this day – our speaker mentions – “Murmuring blinds us – takes away our vision – blinds us – so we can not see what Jesus sees.” I can find my self murmuring under breath of the worry of this great task.

Jeremy quoted C.S. Lewis while speaking about Luke 16 -

“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.”

In Luke 17 – The Kingdom of God is not with observation -  You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you. And now, with the Holy Spirit in us – The Kingdom of God – In In Us.

Jeremy gave a heart felt sharing of his life – urging us to also live a transparent life. My blog is part of that. My speech is part of that. I have prayed for it so much – that I have found myself unable to play the games of say this – to mean that – with hold this information – to be secretive of that – My life – is Life. Shared. Openly. I have nothing to hide.

And the theme wove itself together of the last few weeks – of our need for that Cornerstone in Luke 20 – the need to build ourselves upon that rock. The Need in 1 Cor 7 – Let every man wherein he is called abide with God – those that are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.

And as I plan for the year – Why is it that my mind gets heavy on the academic – and not as heavy on Christ’s teachings? Like it is a given, an aside, an assumption that we will be in the word each day. Should I not just also assume that we will be in Math and Reading each day was well?

My brain is full, my heart is heavy on other things – I’ll post this crazy bit into my ponderings blog – and be back later for a “Part 2”.

No comments: